When Dayle and I attended the annual meeting of the national organization we are loaned to, we were witnesses to a part of it called “Fraternal Greetings”. Churches and organizations can send representatives to the meeting. Near the beginning they are each given the opportunity to bring “fraternal greetings”. In 2010, when I attended without Dayle, it was one of the best parts of the program. This year was not quite as dramatic, but inspiring nevertheless. Here are some of the fraternal greetings brought by churches and Christian organizations.
- “The work of our organization is discipleship. Discipleship cannot go forward without the Bible. The Bibles you translate make a big difference in the lives of our disciples.”
- “Bible translation is the most important part of our church planting efforts.”
- “Because of Bible translation, people are free. They are lifted up and they are knowing Christ. May translation work grow!”
- “The Word of God should be in the most understood language. People are reading God’s Word in their language and understanding it in their cultures.”
- “We have been re-awakened”.
Mind you, these impacts took decades of hard work and sacrifice. Many of those involved were no longer around when the results started coming in. Some of those who gave financial support and prayed won’t know about the results in this life. I was reminded to stick to it (persevere in biblical terms), to look for a long-term and solid payout, and to remember that God brings results we don’t ever see.